What are the best summer cocktail recipes for 2022?
- Aperol Spritz
- Cuba Libre
- Lavender Lemon Drop Martini
- Piña Colada
- Tequila Sunrise
- Cape Codder
- Grapefruit Shandy
When the summer heat sets in, there’s nothing better than a fruity, herby, and chilly drink in hand! Many great summer cocktails play on the flavors of the season and help you beat the heat.
Here are some of the best summer cocktail recipes to try this 2022. We’ve got everything from the classics, to sweet, fruity spins on hard drinks that make them fit for sipping in the hot summer sun. We want to drink them all!
Aperol SpritzDelightfully bubbly and citrusy, with just a hint of bitterness and light sweetness, the Aperol spritz is a classic summer cocktail! Its great profile makes it one of the most popular summer drinks all over the world, and this little Italian cocktail has been keeping people hydrated and cool for countless summer seasons.
- 2 ounces of Aperol.
- 3 ounces of Prosecco — Try making this with our Bolla Prosecco Extra Dry.
- Some club soda (about 2 ounces).
- Orange slices, to garnish.
- Get a wine glass and add some ice.
- Pour in your Aperol, Prosecco, and club soda into the wine glass. Mix gently.
- Garnish with fresh orange slices, and enjoy.
A Cuba Libre is, simply, the classic rum and coke — but with some lime, which makes such a difference in the taste. The Cuba Libre is an upgrade because that hit of citrus bridges the sweetness of the cola, and the smoky bitterness of the rum.
- 2 ounces of rum — gold rum works best, we recommend our Old Nick Caribbean Rum Gold.
- 1 lime.
- Some Coca-Cola, chilled.
- Get a Collins glass, and add 2 to 3 ice cubes.
- Squeeze your lime into the glass, then pour in the rum.
- Drop one of the spent lime rinds in and fill it with chilled Coca-Cola.
- Stir briefly, and serve!
Lavender Lemon Drop Martini
The lavender lemon drop martini is a fun and easy cocktail to whip up for a lazy summer afternoon by the pool or grill. The sweet and sour taste of vodka and lemon juice, topped with a gentle floral kiss makes this drink absolutely divine.
- 2 ounces of vodka — we suggest using lemon vodka, like our Stoli Citros. But you can also make this with regular Stoli Premium Vodka.
- 1 teaspoon culinary lavender buds, fresh or dried.
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup.
- Lemon juice, freshly squeezed.
- Lavender sprig, for garnish
- Get a cocktail shaker, and lightly muddle the lavender and simple syrup.
- Add in the vodka and about an ounce of lemon juice. Fill the shaker with ice.
- Shake well until incorporated.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lavender sprig, and enjoy.
For some especially festive afternoons, you could try making some Piña Coladas. This classic summer cocktail is hard to beat for its refreshing and sweet taste, perfect for a summer party. This recipe makes one serving, but you’ll want to multiply it to make pitchers — they’re guaranteed to be the crowd favorite.
- 2 ½ ounces of rum — dark rums, like our Negrita Dark Rum, work perfectly for Piña Coladas.
- 3 ounces pineapple juice or 3 ounces of pineapple chunks.
- 1 ounce of coconut cream
- Fruit, to garnish (optional).
- Get a blender. Combine rum, pineapple juice or pineapple chunks, and coconut cream.
- Add about a cup of ice (around 5 to 6 crushed ice cubes). Blend on high.
- Pour into a tall glass.
- Garnish with whatever fruits you want, such as cherries or pineapples.
Beautifully and vibrantly orange, the tequila sunrise is a cocktail that just screams summer. It’s also notoriously easy to make — all you need is three ingredients and no special equipment.
- 1 ½ ounces tequila — try making with our Tequila Corralejo Blanco.
- Orange juice, freshly squeezed.
- 1 teaspoon of grenadine.
- Get a cocktail shaker, and pour in tequila and orange juice (about 3 ounces), and some crushed ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Add grenadine, and stir gently. Avoid mixing completely to allow for clear layers of oranges and reds.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Cape Codder is the elevated vodka cranberry — it’s sweet with subtle cranberry flavors and refreshingly tangy enough to make the perfect summertime cocktail. Plus, it’s tart and crisp so it’s a satisfying and light drink.
- 2 ounces vodka — we recommend using our Stoli Elit Vodka.
- 2 to 3 ounces of cranberry juice.
- ½ ounces lime juice.
- Some club soda, chilled.
- Lime wedges, to garnish.
- Get a Collins glass and add some ice. Pour in your vodka, cranberry juice, and lime juice.
- Stir gently.
- Top with club soda, and garnish with a lime wedge. Enjoy!
Shandies are a great summertime tradition and a yummy beer cocktail you can quickly mix up for your friends and family. This grapefruit rendition is a fun twist on the original recipe and offers the tart flavors of grapefruit.
- 1 ½ ounces grapefruit juice.
- 1 ½ ounces simple syrup.
- 3 ounces water.
- 6 ounces beer — try this recipe with our Corona Beer.
- Grapefruit slices, to garnish.
- Get a cocktail shaker and fill it with ice. Add in water, simple syrup, and grapefruit juice.
- Get a beer glass, and strain your grapefruit mix in. Fill in at least halfway.
- Top the rest of the glass with your chilled beer.
- Garnish with a grapefruit slice, and serve.
The best summer cocktail recipes to try this year feature fresh and citrusy takes on classics, as well as fresh ingredients filled with fascinating flavors. Whether you're hosting a garden party, enjoying an afternoon by the pool, or throwing a backyard barbecue, be sure to stock up at Ralph’s Wines & Spirits! We have all the drinks you need to make these refreshing recipes and keep cool this summer.
Author's Note: This entry was optimized by the best SEO Services Agency in the Philippines - SEO Hacker