Masumi Sanka Junmai Daiginjo 720ml
Sanka (Mountain Flowers) is as fresh as an alpine meadow in the spring. Mild fruit aromas and savory flavors make it the perfect daiginjo to pair with food.
Tasting: Aromas of white peach, banana, steamed rice, with hints of sour cream. Bright yet gentle aroma. There is a mild sweetness pervaded by the umami of rice, and a modicum of acidity and bitterness that provides balance and contrast. The texture is soft and spreads in the palate along with a slightly milky character that reverberates peacefully in the finish.
Pairing: Fig Shiroae, mozzarella and white peach salad, smoked salmon and okara ae The sweetness of the sake and the food lend a soft texture to the tasting experience.
- Name: Sanka (Mountain Flowers)
- Type: Junmai Daiginjo Genshu
- Yeast: Masumi No. 7 Yeast
- Availability: Year-round in limited quantities
- Ingredients: Rice, water, koji, yeast
- Rice: Yamada Nishiki (Hyogo Pref.)
- Polishing rate: 45% remaining
- Alcohol: 15%
- Serving temperature: Chilled
- Storage: Cool and dark